Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Huzzah Honeymoon!


6:07 AM Wednesday Sept 16th and we finally arrived in Australia! After 20 harrowing hours in the air and 3 1/2 hours on the ground at LAX (which smells like baby puke), we finally made it. . .

For those of you who aren't aware, it sucks being tall on any flight these days, but let me tell you, that was the worst flying experience of my life. I think I went for about 6 hours without being able to move because my knees were wedged into the back of the seat in front of me. Long story short, we're tired, we didn't get much sleep and somehow, we missed a Tuesday in transit (and we ate 3 different breakfasts!), but we're here and it's just the beginning:

2 days in Sydney
5 days in Cairns (Yayyy Barrier Reef!)
2 days in Yulara to see Ayers Rock/Uluru (the big Red Rock)
and finishing off with 7 days back in Sydney before we fly back home!

We'll be updating this account as often as we can and we have something to post.

1 comment:

  1. So I guess the airline didn't fall for the lovey dovey act and upgrade you to business class after seeing your marriage certificate?

    ReplyDelete